Lovely Email

Dear Shoko, I got your message, Shoko-san. Thank you! Looks like you enjoy speaking English with the Chinese woman. That reminds me of talking with Chinese students when I visited my aunt's house in Kyoto way back in 1963. I was a junior high school student at that time. My aunt often visited my family in Koenji, Tokyo. I found her Kyoto dialect strange. But my mother, who was born in Kanazawa and grew up in Kioto, seemed to have a nice time with my aunt. Anyway I just wanted to return the favor to my aunt. I heard she remained single her whole life because of her "karies" disease and rented her apartment to outsiders. I just wanted to test my English to these Gaijin-san. I was surprised that I could get across the message to HK Students immediately. I surmised that these HK guys look like the Japanese. So, I felt at home.Moreover if we had trouble with communication, I wrote down Kanji on a piece of pager, Then they smiled at me. The next one was a Pakistani by the name Paque-san. He was a tall and handsome guy with a pointed beard. Actually he was a gardener. He invited me to "Ryugakusei Kaikan" in Yotsuya and Nichigeki Music Hall in Ginza. later on. My Mom was speechless when she heard my story after I met Paque-san and his rich friends talking with them in English. But I don't like him. Because my aunt said to me, "Paque-san! is Impossible! Forget it, Sadaji.He has been flirting with Japanese young women. Many of them got pregnant!" Well, the third one was Elizabeth from England. She lived in a tiny house away from the Asians. My aunt called her "Eriko-san" They seemed to get along very well. I wanted to TAlk with her 'causeI thought this lady speaks real English. When I happened to see her chatting with my aunt outside the pink house, I just butted in and spoke to her " I can speak English a little." She just took a glance at me and said nothing.I felt contempt for the Japanese on her face. It is true that I hesitated to speak to her, because she was a tall blonde woman with mesmerising blue eyes.I was overwhelmed by her appearance.Afterwards I asked my aunt, why you are getting along well with Eriko-san. She answered, Sadaji, she was indifferent to me at first. I helped her a lot when she was hospitalized. After that she became friendly to me." Getting back to your email, I think you're a little bit hasty about making a decision when you talk about T2-san. You pride yourself in becoming a chairperson in Mandys. On the other hand T2-san is proud of Mandys.He must have struggled to establish Mandys today. In my humble opinion you've got to admit that. Who else could serve you a reasonable two-hour- English Lesson for 500 Yen other than T-2 san? Shoko-san, I know you're a lot smarter than T-2 san. How about getting less arrogant and on the same level with him? Having said that you're quite a woman! Your English is impeccable! Now I'll work on the agend this weekend. Keep up the good work, Shoko-san. I'll cheer for you. Wishing you all the best Sadaji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Das Leben in Großstädten

Ansehen und Prestige bestimmter Berufe

Die fremde Sprache und der Spracherwerb