My aunt

When I was seven years old, my mother took me to her sister's house in Kyoto during New Year Holidays. We got on a steam locomotive at Tokyo Station. We spread newspapers on the floor, as all seats were occupied. After we passed Yokohma Station, we were able to get the seats. Soon a conducter came along. My mom whispered "Son, behave yourself. Just tell him, that you go to a kindergarten. Got it?" He inspected her ticket and asked me, "Oh, young boy, how old are you?" I answered on the double, "Five". He winked and said, "You're a big healthy boy for that." I took a glimpse of my mother. She suddenly fell asleep. As he left, my mother started stroking my head. Next day I saw my aunt. She kept all kinds of cats in her house. I saw them eating delicious steak on a tatami mat. I had finished my humbe breakfast with rice and fishes. I intentionally stepped on a tail of the cat. My aunt got angry with me. Especially her Kyoto dialect sounded funny to me. In the evening they took me to a public bath. On the way back to my aunt's house I looked up in the sky. Stars were so close to me, that I could have grabbed them. Next morning my aunt baked rice cakes for me. The Mochi's figure was round. I used to like sqaure figured Mochi in Tokyo. I found that boring and had no appetite. I wanted to get back to Tokyo sooner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Das Leben in Großstädten

Ansehen und Prestige bestimmter Berufe

Die fremde Sprache und der Spracherwerb